ECommerce Websites are fairly competing in a saturated business space. This means that the competition is high among online businesses. If you want to be on top of your competition, you will need to increase your online presence through different channels like SEO (Search Engine Optimization and SEM (Search Engine Marketing). As part of any SEO and SEM campaign, increasing your “footprint” on the internet will mean that more people trust your product or brand. The best way to do this is to have a sound Ecommerce Linkbuilding Campaign. Here are some of the strategies that you can implement:
- When you are selling something or providing services, it is always a great way to promote it through the customers reviews you acquire. You can take this concept to the next level by acquiring product or service reviews through review sites and business website. It is a great practice to not overdo this as Google always looks into the quality of the links and the source of the links. It needs to be as natural as it can be. You can do product reviews by looking within your own business space. If you are looking to sell gadgets, then technology-based review websites is what you need to look for. Relativity is very important when it comes to building a good link profile. Some of these websites might require payments and sample products to test but the returns would be more as you will have exposure on their multiple digital channels.
Managing Business Closures, Re-branding and Mergers
Business closures, re-branding, and mergers are well too often in the world of online business. What is not known, is the SEO value and opportunities to be acquired through this announcements. The steps for this strategy is fairly straightforward:
- Use Search Engines to Find opportunities
- Try mixing up your search query like “just closed” + <business keyword> or “out of business”+ <business keyword>
- Find pages that link to the opportunities you collected
- Use tools like Ahrefs and Majestic SEO to see what links these websites have before and try to acquire them for your ecommerce website.
- Email the website owner and Acquire the link
- Webmasters hates finding 404 (not found) pages and this is where you come in. Make sure that you do not come straightforward to this and trust into making a connection first. Always provide value to the website owner if you are requesting for a link back.
Finding Parked Domains
- This strategy is fairly the same as the last one. The only difference is how to acquire the opportunities. Domain service providers has a treasure-trove of information to help you in acquiring parked domains. Using the query “This page is parked FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy.com” +”domain is for sale” will give you a list of domains that are currently parked. Again, make sure to weed-out unrelated websites for your list of opportunities. After collecting your list, the same steps will follow, find pages that you can link with regards to the website you found that have parked domains and then email the webmaster to acquire your link.
Expired Authoritative Domains
- Finding expired Authoritative Domains is a pretty straightforward and simple. Use Godaddy Auctions and Namejet for the list of websites that are currently expired. Collect multiple opportunities that are relative to your niche and use the steps from strategy number 2 to get the links you need.
Link Profile Audit
As an added value to this article, Link Acquisition depends on the state of your website’s Link Profile. To determine this, you can use tools like Majestic SEO and Linkreasearchtools. The information these tools provide will lead you to better understand where you need to improve.
Here are some concepts that you need to get a good grasp on:
- Trust Flow and Topical Trust Flow, Citation Flow (From Majestic)
- This information will give you an overview of what is the current state of your link profile. The higher the number the better. As a correlation, Trust Flow should be 10% higher than your Citation Flow. In addition, the Topical Trust Flow also provide information on the different niches available. These niches relates to the what you business is all about. If your business is dealing with clothes, then topics included should be fashion, ecommerce, etc.
- Anchor Text Cloud
- This information is all about the different anchor texts (words used in the links) used for your website. A red flag is when you do not see your domain and main keywords as part of your main Anchor text cloud.
- Link Breakdown
- This is a collection of all your backlinks and arrange into meaningful categories. Links can be either DoFollow (Counted) or NoFollow (not Counted). In addition, links are also categorized based on how they are placed on the website. It can be either through an image, anchor text or text link, frames, or redirects. The mantra here is to find equity in your link. More anchor text than image links.
When doing Ecommerce linkbuilding , there are many strategies to do it but there is only one way to do it right and that is the Google way. They have strict standards and rules in place on how to properly acquire a link and you can find it here. It is a great way to follow these rules so as not to risk the ire of Google and receive a penalty instead.